The Valkyrie is the main vessel of Valkyrie divings fleet, she is a 13.35m steel catamaran
with a beam of 5.80m, which gives her an amazing sized deck space for her size, coupled with the
forward crane and rear hydraulic A frame, she is a very adaptable and capable work platform.
She comes equipped as below, however with her large deck she can carry most things needed,
i.e. towfish, rov, concrete pumps, grabs etc.
- MCA category 2 ; up to 60 miles from safe haven
- Speed 7 knots
- Engine power is twin 150hp gardeners
- Approx fuel consumption 45 litres per hour
- Full 3 man inbuilt diving spread
- Liferaft, plastimar, 6 man rorc pack
- Liferaft, beaufort, 8 man pack
- Grab bag, with thermal protection radar reflector, first aid kit.
- 2 circular life buoys with line
- 2 lifebuoys with MOB smoke/light
- 14 lifejackets with lights
- Flares 4 hand rockets, 6 off hand red, 2 buoyant smoke
- Fire extinguishers: 1 x 6 litre foam, 4 x 4kg DP, 1 x 5kg CO2, 4 x 1KG 8A
- First aid kit, category C
- Main and kedge anchors chain and warps
- Spares and misc repair equipment
- Navigational aids
- Radio VHF, radar, compass, plotter, Sat nav 2, sounder, auto pilot, Helm, sonar, P.A system, A.I.S
- Power generation - 50 KVA generator, 3 phase 440v/240v/110v